Friday, January 22, 2010

Music Video Alert

Music videos whisper sweet nothings to my brain - and have for years. When I was a kid my parents had the Stop Making Sense (Talking Heads) VHS and I watched it like 349596049382 times. I still cant get enough of the band's live ensemble and David Byrne's rockin moves and outfit. Each friday I am going to try to review/suggest a few music videos. It was a pretty stellar week for my eye-ear communication - best one in a while.

Dan Deacon - Woof Woof - 11 minutes of spectacular entertainment. The video chronicles the adventures of a blues-clues esque man monster and his new cat turned sinister super villain. Dont worry, it will all make sense. This changed my life.

Animal Collective - Brother Sport - The word for this video is synesthesia - what you see you taste - and what you hear you smell. Animal Collective has a knack to make me feel there music in my body - this video adds to that potency. Plus there is some really cool animation blended in with the ultracolorful sensory overload. This made the news of animal collectives impending feature length visual album all the more exciting.

Toy Dolls - Nellie the Ellie - Just watch this. you will thank god for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eti21PVHXrg

MMM enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment